Saturday, July 20, 2013

Lump in Stomach above Belly Button


A lump in the stomach may be the growth of a small bulging tissue, or a mere swelling area. Sometimes, the lump may be harmless, while in some cases, it may be a cancerous tumor. That is why a medical diagnosis is imperative, as it is better to err on the side of caution.

Possible Causes

If we go by the maximum number of cases, the first thing that comes into picture, while speaking of the formation of a lump in the stomach is the disease of abdominal hernia. This condition refers to the weakness of muscles of the abdominal walls to such an extent, that the internal organs can find their way out of the wall. In other words, they protrude or bulge out through the structure. And this bulge may be felt as the lump we are talking about here. The bulging gets more prominent or noticeable when the abdominal muscles are tightened due to activities such as lifting heavy objects, coughing, straining while bowel movements, etc. Hernia can occur in three forms; umbilical hernia, inguinal hernia, and incisional hernia. The first one can be felt as a lump in the stomach. It is more common in infants, and is caused by the abdomen wall being protruded by part of the intestine. Inguinal hernia is a lesser common cause for the lump above belly button, because the protrusion usually occurs in the groin or scrotum. And the incisional hernia can result from a scar left by an abdominal surgery.

Swollen lymph nodes in the abdomen can also be felt as lumps. The lymph nodes do the work of fighting infections, and while they are doing that, they may sustain swelling. So a lump in the abdomen may also signal a possible infection.

Lipoma is nothing but a growing fatty lump that develops between the skin and the muscle layer. This lump is generally less than 2 inches, and can be moved with the help of a slight pressure of your finger. Usually, this lump is not bothersome, unless it grows and starts pressing against the nearby nerves thus, causing pain. Also, this condition has no link with cancer, and it is genetic in nature with no known cause.

In men, the case of lump not in the stomach but in the abdomen may be associated with what is known as cryptorchidism. It refers to the failure of one or both the testicles to descend into the scrotum before the birth of the child.

Not in all cases, but in a few of them, a soft or hard lump that can be felt in the stomach area above the belly button or below it, can indicate a cancerous disease known as carcinoid tumor. The condition is a slow-growing cancer, that does not show any symptoms until it has reached an advanced stage.

So it can be inferred from the description above that none of the possible causes of lump in the stomach is too mild to be ignored. It is true that a lump is not always associated with cancer, but sometimes the person may not be lucky enough. So if you come across any such problem, take a medical appointment at the earliest.

  • Mass or lump in middle upper abdomen, pancreatic cancer or

    www.medhelp.org/posts/Cancer/Mass-or-lump-in-middle-upper-abdomen...

    Some weeks ago I discovered by accident a lump or mass about 2-3 inches above the navel, in the middle of the abdomen, which had no feeling if not touched, but was ...


  • A lump on lower abdomen (under belly button above the hairline ...

    www.zocdoc.com/answers/5550/a-lump-on-lower-abdomen-under-belly...

    I am a 33 year old woman, and one day a "lump" appeared in my abdominal area (under my belly button, but above the lower hairline) after a day or two the lump became ...


  • Have stoma, lump above belly button. Hernia? - Crohn's Disease ...

    www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=11218

    Stoma Subforum ... How do you know if you have a hernia? I have a hard lump above my belly button that ... You often can push a Hernia back in, if that is what it is ...


  • Womens Conditions Forum - lump in my lower abdomen/pelvic

    ehealthforum.com Womens Health Womens Conditions Forum

    lump in my lower abdomen/pelvic region,? . I have a lump in my lower abdomen/pelvic region,about 3 inches below my belly button. It is mostly painless, sometimes a ...

  • Painful lump/ball upper part of belly button Skin Growths and ...

    www.steadyhealth.com Skin Growths and Pigment Disorders

    Mar 01, 2007 Hello, I am quite worried because I noticed a sharp pain in my abdomen five days ago when I arched my back to stretch. It was about an hour after doing an ...


  • pains in stomach with lump around belly button that comes and

    www.steadyhealth.com Stomach problems

    Oct 29, 2006 I AM 28 AND FOR THE PAST YEAR NOW I HAVE HAD NUMERUS PROBLEMS WITH MY STOMACH. I'll start with a year ago i went to the hospital


  • oblong lump above belly button below ribs - Ovarian Cancer -

    www.medhelp.org/...lump-above-belly-button-below-ribs/show/578742

    I found a lump above my belly button last year which is long and hard. I went to my doctor and he sent me for a cat scan with contrast which showed nothing. I can ...


  • Lump above my belly button - CrossFit Discussion Board

    board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40311Last updated: Dec 13, 2008 7 posts First post: Dec 12, 2008

    In Sickness and In Health > Injuries ... I got a issue I want to run by the board. I have a lump right above my belly button ... Quote: Originally Posted by Kevin ...

  • Lump in the abdomen University of Maryland Medical Center

    umm.edu/health/medical/ency/articles/lump-in-the-abdomen

    Lump in the abdomen. Toggle: English / Spanish. Definition. A lump in the abdomen is a soft bulge of tissue or a small area of swelling in the belly.


  • Small lump above belly button - Bodybuilding.com Forums

    forum.bodybuilding.com Forum More General Categories Misc.

    I was working out my abs yesterday and when i was back home about to go to bed i ... could be a hernia ... Do some reading on Adult Umbilical Hernias. Heavy lifting ...


  • Lump In The Abdomen LIVESTRONG.COM

    www.livestrong.com Other Cancers Testicular Cancer

    A lump in the abdomen is a soft bulge of tissue or a small, local area of swelling in the belly area.See also: Abdominal mass Abdominal hernia Hernia - abdominal ...

  • Hernia Forum - Lump beside belly button - Online Health Forum

    ehealthforum.com Conditions and Diseases Hernia Forum

    Lump beside belly button . So i got back from the gym and i was laying on the couch and when i reached for my phone. i got this weird feeling in my belly button. i ...


  • Sometimes my stomach gets hard and i feel a lump in my stomach ...

    www.babycenter.com/400_sometimes-my-stomach-gets-hard-and-i-feel-a...

    Question Sometimes my stomach gets hard and i feel a lump in my stomach, like a long hot dog whats that about

  • What causes a knot in the stomach around the belly button

    wiki.answers.com Pregnancy Pregnancy Symptoms

    Answer If there is a bulge near the belly button (and not the stomach which is slightly higher) then I would say it is a hernia, and you can google umbilical hernia ...


  • Pain above my belly button (stomach area)??!!? - Yahoo!7

    au.answers.yahoo.com Pain & Pain Management

    May 19, 2008 Best Answer: Pain above the navel is a common symptom in IBS. If the pain travels to your lower right abdomen, see your physician as this may also be a ...


  • Pain above Belly Button-Causes - Best Health Site, Best Health ...

    www.myhealthyfeeling.com/pain-above-belly-button-causes

    Pain above Belly Button causes can be many, some of which are upset stomach, Crohn's disease, GERD etc.

  • Belly Button Pain in Children eHow - eHow How to Videos ...

    www.ehow.com Conditions & Treatments Medical Conditions

    Abdominal pain is a common childhood complaint, which can be caused by a mild stomach ache or severe intestinal malformations. A child will usually point to her belly ...

  • Umbilicoplasty for Removing Excess Skin Above Belly Button?

    www.realself.com/question/mini-tummy-tuck-excess-skin-belly-button...

    Your best option is to convert the mini tummy tuck to a full tummy tuck. Otherwise the only other method is to leave you with an unsightly vertical...


  • My belly button piercing has got a lump on it? - Yahoo! UK ...

    uk.answers.yahoo.com Skin & Body Other - Skin & BodyLast updated: Mar 13, 2010 5 posts First post: Mar 13, 2010

    Mar 13, 2010 Best Answer: Is the lump hard? It could be scar tissue. If you've been wearing heavy jewelry in it, I'd suggest just putting a small, simple one in there ...


  • What do you think of girls that wear shirts that show off their ...

    www.ign.com Boards Community Central The Vestibule

    I have noticed that the majority of girls do not do this. They will show a little sliver of flesh between their shirt and their pants at the most and...

  • Liposuction Message Board - Lumps in abs after lipo, Plastic ...

    makemeheal.com/forum/viewThread.jsp?forum=3&thread=11828

    Plastic surgery recovery information, preparation, cosmetic surgery recovery products, message boards, plastic surgeons, forums, patient services


  • The Colon Club View topic - lump in stomach

    coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/viewtopic.php?p=5941

    Return to Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum ... "I'm hoping someone can answer if this could be a symptom of colon cancer i have a ...


  • Stomach pain about 3" above belly button - Crohn's Disease ...

    www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=17&m=1079951

    Does anyone know what part of the intestines is about 3" above the belly button? I have been having significant pain in that area which is unusual for me because my ...

  • Slight pain/soreness above belly button - TC-Cancer.com ...

    www.tc-cancer.com/.../9557-Slight-pain-soreness-above-belly-button

    Hi all, I am a TC cancer survivor who underwent 4xEP and an RPLND in 2007. I am now ... Did Dr. Sheinfeld examine you for an incisional hernia? He did my RPLND in ...

4 comments:

  1. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i received through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have
    herbal cure for, FEVER, DIARRHOEA, MOUTH ULCER, MOUTH CANCER FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER, BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL CANCER, DISEASE, JOINT PAIN, POLIO DISEASE, PARKINSON'S DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, INFLAMMATORY JOINT DISEASE CYSTIC FIBROSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITIS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS, LEUKAEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw so many testimonies about Dr Itua a great HERBAL DOCTOR that can cure all kind of diseases and give you the rightful health to live a joyful life, i didn't believe it at first, but as the pain got worse and my life was at risk after visiting my therapist numeriuos times for combination of treatments. and no changes so i decided to take a try, I contacted him also and told him i want a cure for Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and it was Stage IIIA, he gave me advice on what i must do and he delivered it to me in my state which i use according to his instruction, and today i must say I am so grateful to this man Dr Itua for curing me from Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and for restoring me back to my normal health and a sound life,i am making this known to every one out there who have been living with cancers all his life or any sick person should not waist more time just contact him with his details below- WhatsApp- +2348149277967 Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, believe me this man is a good man with Godly heart, this is the real secret we all have been searching for. Do not waste more time contact him today for you also to live a sound and happy life. he cure the following disease________Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life
    became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the
    symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family
    run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave
    up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the
    doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but
    they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making
    it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I
    came across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhota
    cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought
    it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details
    provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me
    his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two
    weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms
    disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was
    NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR
    Ebhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on
    telling the world about you. If you are going through same
    situation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota via
    drebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.
    he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.
    ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. 
    ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosus 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Trisha Nelson, from the USA. I contracted HIV 4 years ago, I was told by my doctor that there's no possible cure for HIV/AIDS. I started taking my ARV's, My CD4 was 77 and the viral load was 112,450. I did research on a herbal remedy and I saw Dr. James Herbal mixed medicine, also I saw a lot of testimonials about him on how he uses His strong herbal mix medicine to cure HIV/AIDS and other illnesses. I contacted him and told him my problems, He told me not to be worried anymore that I will benefit and get cured of his herbal medicine for HIV/Aids. I never doubted Him because I believed I will be cured as nature has the power to cure all kinds of sickness when herbal medicine is being used in the right proportion. He prepared his herbal drink and sent it to me, and I took it for 3 weeks morning and evening in a quantity he told me, after that, I went for a check-up, and I was cured of HIV. His herbal mix medicine has NO SIDE EFFECT AND EASY TO DRINK, there's no special diet when taking Dr. James herbal mix medicine. He told me he got cures for diseases like Alzheimer's disease, Cancer, Bipolar disorder, Herpes, Hepatitis, Schizophrenia, Fibromyalgia. Dupuytren's disease, Neoplastic, Diabetes, Celiac disease, Cerebral Amyloid Antipathy, HPV, Weak Erection, Wart Remover. Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Adrenocortical carcinoma. Asthma, Allergic, Wart Remover, Melanoma, Parkinson, pectoral dermatitis, thyroid, HPV, ALS, KIDNEY DISEASES, SHINGLES. Pile, You can reach him on his Email address [GREATCUREMAN@GMAIL.COM] INFO @ DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete