Sunday, December 29, 2013

Teens & Breast Cancer

Teens & Breast Cancer

As a girl enters her teen years, she begins to become more aware of her body. She may also begin to become aware of the many medical threats her body can face throughout her lifetime. Breast cancer is a devastating and often fatal affliction that largely affects women. It is also the second most common cancer in females. Though it mainly occurs in older women, it is never too early for a girl to be aware of the cancer, its appearance and its preventions.

Self Examination

    Most gynecologists recommend a girl begin self breast examinations as soon as she has breasts to examine. Although cancer is rare in a teen, it is good for a girl to become familiar with how her breast feels when it is healthy. Pressing the breast in a circular motion once a month is usually enough for a teen breast self exam. However, a teen should be aware that as she grows, her breast and its feel may change with her and that a certain amount of soft lumpiness is normal.

Normal Lumps

    A teen's breast tissue often has a more lumpy feel than that of an older woman, and these lumps do not usually indicate breast cancer. They are simply due to all the physical changes during breast growth. Harmless, non-cancerous lumps can sometimes appear around the time of a girl's period. YoungWomensHealth.org recommends that if a teen notices a lump in her breast, to check to see if it is still there a few days after her period. If it is, contact a physician immediately.

Things to Avoid

    A teen girl has a distinct advantage in preventing her own breast cancer since she has a lifetime of healthy options still to choose. Some of the things believed to increase the incidence of breast cancer can be easily avoided. These include avoiding lifestyle choices that lead to obesity and high alcohol consumption. If possible, it is wise to also avoid hormone replacement therapy and prolonged exposure to radiation.

Things To Do

    Contrarily, there are some behaviors and procedures that are believed to fight breast cancer. Most of these are medical procedures, conditions or medications. One of these factors appears to be teen pregnancy and breastfeeding. Pregnancy decreases estrogen, which is linked to reducing breast cancer. Studies show that cancer levels are lowest in women who have their first pregnancy before the age of 20. However, pregnancy is not a recommended cancer-deterrent for teen girls. What is recommended is exercise, with research showing that women exercising four or more hours a week have lower cancer rates.

Myths

    There are many myths about what can increase your likelihood of breast cancer, and teen girls are often victims of such misinformation. The following things have NOT been shown to have any effect on whether a woman gets breast cancer. Abortions, oral contraceptives, particular diets (as long as they don't result in obesity) and environment. Even smoking has not actually been shown to increase breast cancer occurrence, although it is a contributor to many other types of cancer.



  • Breast Cancer: MedlinePlus - National Library of Medicine ...

    www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/breastcancer.html

    Breast cancer affects one in eight women during their lives. Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. No one knows why ...


  • Teen Pregnancy Linked To 50% Drop In Breast Cancer Risk

    www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/259791.php

    A teen or early pregnancy have been linked to a drop in the risk of breast cancer by 50%, a new study published in BioMed Central's Breast Cancer Research finds ...


  • WebMD Breast Cancer Center: Types, Symptoms, Causes,

    www.webmd.com WebMD Home Cancer Health Center

    The five year survival rate of breast cancer is over 90% when caught early. Get in-depth breast cancer information here including symptoms

  • ScienceDaily: Breast Cancer News - Science Daily: News &

    www.sciencedaily.com/news/health_medicine/breast_cancer

    Breast cancer research including information on breast cancer symptoms, prevention strategies, screening techniques, and new breast cancer treatments.

  • Breast Cancer Home Page - National Cancer Institute

    www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/breast

    Information about breast cancer treatment, prevention, genetics, causes, screening, clinical trials, research and statistics from the National Cancer Institute.


  • Breastcancer.org - Breast Cancer Information and Awareness

    www.breastcancer.org

    Breastcancer.org is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing the most reliable, complete, and up-to-date information about breast cancer.


  • What You Need To Know About Breast Cancer - National Cancer ...

    www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/wyntk/breast

    Describes treatment options, types of cancer doctors, second opinion, follow-up care, and sources of support for someone recently diagnosed with breast cancer.


  • lumps in a teen - Breast Cancer - MedHelp

    www.medhelp.org/posts/Breast-Cancer/lumps-in-a-teen/show/259303

    i am 18 years old and have just found a lump in my right breast in the upper/outer side. it feels hard and round and doesnt seem to move around. it has gotten bigger ...


  • Signs of Breast Cancer in Teens - Essortment Articles: Free

    www.essortment.com/signs-breast-cancer-teens-38849.html

    Any woman is susceptible to breast cancer, including teens. Though it's very rare for young women to be diagnosed with the disease, it can happen. These girls ...


  • Breast Cancer Support Community Breast Cancer Connect

    www.breastcancerconnect.com

    Breast Cancer Connect is a social network that connects people with breast cancers. People use the Breast Cancer Connect community to make friends, discuss breast ...


  • Teen Breast Issues at The Breast Site

    www.thebreastsite.com/mailbag/12.aspx

    Teen Breast Issues. My back always hurts and I am a size 38D in bras. All of my weight comes from my chest. I'm only 14 going on 15. I was on the basketball team.


  • Breast Cancer: Pictures, Videos, Breaking News

    www.huffingtonpost.com/news/breast-cancer

    Big News on Breast Cancer. Includes blogs, news, and community conversations about Breast Cancer.


  • Breast cancer statistics : Cancer Research UK

    www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/cancerstats/types/breast

    Learn more about the latest breast cancer statistics, including survival, mortality and incidence data, from Cancer Research UK.

  • Breast cancer news, articles and information: - Natural health news

    www.naturalnews.com/breast_cancer.html

    How Angelina Jolie was duped by cancer doctors into self mutilation for breast cancer she never had 5/15/2013 - In a New York Times op-ed explaining her decision to ...

  • The Doctors TV Show - Breast Cancer

    www.thedoctorstv.com/main/content/Breast_Cancer

    Check Your Breasts ... Breast Cancer According to the American Cancer Society, one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer, the most common cancer in

  • The Signs and Symptoms of Breast Cancer - WebMD - Better ...

    www.webmd.com Breast Cancer Guide

    Learn the warning signs and symptoms of breast cancer from WebMD.

  • Breast Cancer News from Medical News Today

    www.medicalnewstoday.com/sections/breast_cancer

    Breast cancer is a tumor that has become malignant - it has developed from the breast cells. A 'malignant' tumor can spread to other parts of the body - it may also ...

  • American Cancer Society Information and Resources for Cancer ...

    www.cancer.orgDonate Employment Opportunities Contact Us

    American Cancer Society. The official sponsor of birthdays. Get information on cancer, how to stay healthy, find support and treatment, explore research, get involved ...

  • Cloud4Cancer Breast Cancer Detection

    cloud4cancer.appspot.com

    Cloud4Cancer Breast Cancer Detection. This service uses attributes from Fine Needle Aspirates to determine if a breast mass is malignant or benign.

  • Breast Cancer Screenings - Options - Sexual & Reproductive

    www.plannedparenthood.org/.../breast-cancer-screenings-21189.htm

    Planned Parenthood has been providing trusted health care for nearly 100 years. Learn about breast cancer screenings.

  • Breast Cancer in Men - American Cancer Society Information

    www.cancer.org Learn About Cancer

    Breast Cancer in Men. Whether you (or a loved one) are worried about developing breast cancer, have just been diagnosed, are going through breast cancer treatment, or ...

  • Breast cancer: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com - Mayo Clinic

    www.mayoclinic.com Breast cancer Basics

    May 22, 2013 Breast cancer Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment of breast cancer in women.

  • Pink Aware - Breast Cancer Awareness for Teens & Adults - Pink ...

    www.pinkribbons.org/aware

    Pink Ribbons - Pink Aware - Pink Aware brings the message of breast health self-care and well-person awareness to teens and adults both male and female. Using dance ...

  • CDC - Screening for Breast Cancer

    www.cdc.gov Cancer Home

    Basic information from CDC about breast cancer screening and where you can go to get screened.

7 comments:

  1. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 29 years old and I was diagnosis of Breast cancer, easy well and have a similar story except my first acceptance as a Herbal medicine denials. I wasn’t into the movement Perseid and didn’t establish connections with any of them really, just had faith in believing how they work. I say this because it was during using Dr Itua herbal medicine i now then testify herbal medicine is real, Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my breast cancer I was suffering from for 2 years. Dr Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs which has no side effect and is easy to drink as well. Contact Dr Itua herbal Center if you are suffering from the same Breast Cancer or any kind of human Diseases including....HIV/AIDS, HERPES COLORECTAL CANCER, BLADDER CANCER, PROSTATE CANCER, KIDNEY CANCER, LUNG CANCER, SKIN CANCER, UTERINE CANCER, LEUKEMIA, VIRUS, HEPATITIS, WOMEN/MEN INFERTILITY, LOVE SPELL,LOTTERY SPELL. HIS CONTACT EMAIL/WHATSAPP: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine, I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer, Alzheimer's disease,Autism,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Generalized dermatitis,Alzheimer's disease,Brain Tumor,Lupus,Endomertil Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases
    Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids,Brain Tumor, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gina! I saw your comment about Dr. Uduehi’s medication concerning Fibroid sometime ago and you were right, I tried it and it worked like magic for me. It was like hell living with FIBROID all this years until now, no more pains, bleeding and no miscarriage and I would've come with my testimony before now but I have to wait for a couple of months to see if it will regrow again but there's still no sign of fibroid, I also went to the hospital for test and still i was tested negative. All thanks to Dr. Uduehi and to you too Gina. And for anyone out there who wish to try can reach the doctor through: (+2347084878384) uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of
    breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her
    to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to go to
    the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady
    called peter Lizzy she was testifies to the world about the goodness of a
    herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the
    herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him
    my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be
    cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that
    I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how
    can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me
    That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
    transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for
    the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier
    service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week
    complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not
    knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the
    miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the
    herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he
    didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him
    and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if
    you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from
    the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him
    +2348110114739 you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the
    problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me
    davidclara223@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very useful information about Breast cancer. Read more about breast cancer treatment
    Breast cancer treatment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very useful information about Breast cancer. Read more about breast cancer treatment
    Breast cancer treatment

    ReplyDelete