Friday, December 27, 2013

Breast Cancer Stage 3B Prognosis

Breast cancer can afflict either men or women, although it primarily affects women. Breast cancer can originate in the glands or ducts of the breast (adrenocarcinoma) or in the breast tissue (sarcoma). By the time breast cancer has reached stage IIIB, it has generally spread from the breast into either the lymph nodes or the chest wall.

Staging

    Breast cancer is staged using the standard cancer staging system created by the American Joint Committee on Cancer. The AJCC system, or the TNM system as it is sometimes called, uses three factors to stage breast cancer. The "T" factor relates to the size of the tumor. The "N" factor relates to lymph node involvement. The "M" factor relates to whether the cancer is metastatic. If the cancer has metastasized or spread to other parts of the body distant from the breast, the M number is 1, and the T and N numbers don't matter. Staging is done using medical tests, including PET scans, CT scans and MRIs to determine the size of the tumor and the extent of cancer cells present in the body.

Stage IIIB

    According to the American Cancer Society, stage IIIB breast cancer is characterized by a T number of 4, an N number between 0 and 2 and an M number of 0. This means that the size of the tumor doesn't matter because the cancer has already spread to the skin in the breast or to the chest wall. There may be cancer in the lymph nodes near the breast bone, or there may be clumps of cancer in the lymph nodes under the arm (the axillary lymph nodes), or there may be cancer sticking to other structures in the body.

Inflammatory Breast Cancer

    Inflammatory breast cancer is always considered stage IIIB upon diagnosis, unless it has metastasized and reached stage IV. Inflammatory breast cancer is a rare form of breast cancer, which presents in only 1 to 3 percent of all breast cancer cases. It is distinct from regular cancer in that there is typically no lump identified. The skin of the breast may appear red or puckered or resemble the skin of an orange. Inflammatory breast cancer is often misdiagnosed as a breast infection and is a much more aggressive form of breast cancer than other forms of breast cancer.

Treatment

    Stage IIIB breast cancer is usually treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy. This means chemotherapy is administered prior to surgery to remove the cancer. This is the treatment method of choice because the cancer is generally too advanced to be removed by surgery. Chemotherapy is designed to shrink the tumor and reduce the presence of cancer cells so that the cancer is small enough that it can be successfully eliminated by surgery.

Prognosis

    The prognosis for cancer is determined according to five-year survival rates. According to the American Cancer Society, 57 percent percent of patients diagnosed with stage IIIB breast cancer are alive five years after diagnosis. Therefore, there is a 57 percent survival rate for those with stage IIIB breast cancer.



  • Breast Cancer Topic: Stage IV - real-world prognosis ?

    community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topic/787168?page=1

    Email to a friend. All Topics Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY Topic: Stage IV - real-world prognosis ?


  • survival rate of Stage IV - Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 - MedHelp

    www.medhelp.org/posts/Breast-Cancer-Stage-3--4/survival-rate-of...

    My 26 year old sister was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. During her second chemotherapy treatment last week, the doctor came in to confirm that the cancer has ...

  • Stage IV life expectancy? - Prognosis - Breast Cancer

    www.healthcentral.com Breast Cancer Diagnosis Prognosis

    I have a friend who is Stage IV breast cancer. This is her second round with cancer. She has lobular carcinoma. She is Stage IV. The tumors are on her spine, hi...


  • Breast Cancer Survival Rate - Stage 2 Breast Cancer

    ezinearticles.com/?Breast-Cancer-Survival-Rate---Stage-2-Breast...

    Aug 21, 2007 The breast cancer survival rate for Stage 2 breast cancer can vary from 76% to 92% in the U.S. Here are statistics to help you understand the reasons

  • Breast Cancer Topic: what is the survival rate of stage 4 ...

    community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topic/749727

    Email to a friend. All Topics Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY Topic: what is the survival rate of stage 4 metastatic breast ...

  • Breast Cancer Survival Rate - Stage 4 Breast Cancer

    ezinearticles.com/?Breast-Cancer-Survival-Rate---Stage-4-Breast...

    Aug 25, 2007 The 5-year breast cancer survival rate for Stage 4 breast cancer is very low compared to breast cancer detected at earlier stages. Here is some basic ...

  • Prognosis for Stage 3 Breast Cancer eHow

    www.ehow.com Health Conditions & Treatments Diseases

    According to the American Cancer Society, approximately 192,000 women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer during 2009. Approximately 62,000 will be ...


  • Breast cancer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_cancer

    Breast cancer is a type of cancer originating from breast tissue, most commonly from the inner lining of milk ducts or the lobules that supply the ducts with milk.

  • Stage 4 Breast Cancer Prognosis eHow - eHow How to

    www.ehow.com Health Cancer Breast Cancer

    Stage IV breast cancer is also referred to as advance breast cancer. In stage IV, the cancer has spread beyond the breast tissue and invaded other areas of the body ...


  • Stages of Breast Cancer

    www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/diagnosis/staging

    Stage is usually expressed as a number on a scale of 0 through IV with stage 0 describing non-invasive cancers that remain within their original location and ...


  • WebMD Breast Cancer Center: Types, Symptoms, Causes,

    www.webmd.com WebMD Home Cancer Health Center

    The five year survival rate of breast cancer is over 90% when caught early. Get in-depth breast cancer information here including symptoms

  • Double Mastectomy Stage 3B Breast Cancer - YouTube

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE7oaVIZSZc

    Next Chapter-Surgery. Finished all rounds of Chemo-elected for a double mastectomy and reconstruction. Body looks a little like Frankenstein but it is more ...


  • Percentage of survival for breast cancer

    www.breast-cancer.ca/.../breast-cancer-survival-by-stage.htm

    percentage chance of survival based on cancer stage. Survival of breast cancer based on stage. Statistics are given below for the overall survival rates for breast ...


  • Stage 3 Breast Cancer Survival Rates for Each Type

    1st-in-breastcancer.com/stage-3-breast-cancer-survival-rates

    The stage 3 breast cancer survival rates have a different survival rates. In general, this stage happens when cells of cancer...


  • Stage 4 Breast Cancer Life Expectancy LIVESTRONG.COM

    www.livestrong.com Women's Health Breast Cancer Stages

    Mar 06, 2011 Stage 4 Breast Cancer Life Expectancy. Stage 4 or stage IV breast cancer is breast cancer presented with identifiable metastases beyond the breast

  • Stage 3 Breast Cancer the Categories and Survival Rates

    1st-in-breastcancer.com/stage-3-breast-cancer

    Stage 3 Breast Cancer the Categories and Survival Rates. Stage 3 breast cancer is a type of advanced malignant illness. This paper will attempt to provide reviews ...

  • Stage 2 Breast Cancer Prognosis & Survival

    www.whathealth.com/breastcancer/stage2.html

    The prognosis for stage 2 breast is usually good providing providing treatment is given during this stage.


  • Breast cancer-Risks-Symptoms-Diagnosis-Staging-Prevention ...

    www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/breast-cancer.htmRating: 4/5 97 reviews

    Breast cancer is one of the oldest cancers known to man. It is the second most popular cancer after lung cancer and is the most common cancer amongst women.


  • Less Invasive Treatment is Associated with Improved Survival in ...

    www.dukehealth.org/.../news/...survival-in-early-stage-breast-cancer

    Patients with early stage breast cancer who are treated with lumpectomy plus radiation have a better chance of survival compared with those who undergo mastectomy ...

  • Survival of stage-4 breast cancer patients improves with stem cell ...

    med.stanford.edu/ism/2011/july/breast-cancer.html

    Survival of stage-4 breast cancer patients improves with stem cell treatment, study finds. BY KRISTA CONGER

  • Survival after lumpectomy and mastectomy for early stage

    onlinelibrary.wiley.com Oncology & Radiotherapy

    Survival after lumpectomy and mastectomy for early stage invasive breast cancer The effect of age and hormone receptor status

  • Stage 5 Breast Cancer LIVESTRONG.COM

    www.livestrong.com/stage-5-breast-cancer

    Stage 5 Breast Cancer. Lifestyle, fitness & health information about Stage 5 Breast Cancer. About Stage 1 Breast Cancer, What Is Stage 3 Breast Cancer?, Stage 4

  • Breast Cancer Survival Rate - Stage 3 Breast Cancer by

    www.isnare.com/?aid=180626&ca=Cancer+Survival

    The breast cancer survival rate for Stage 3 breast cancer depends on the degree of cancer metastasis and the individual health of the patien... Breast Cancer ...

  • Breast Cancer Symptoms, Signs, Stages, Prevention, Detection ...

    www.onhealth.com/breast_cancer/article.htm

    Get the facts on breast cancer symptoms, signs, stages, types, research, risk factors, diagnosis, prevention information, and treatment options: mastectomy ...

6 comments:

  1. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed of Herpes 2years ago and I have tried all possible means to get the cure but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a Herbal Doctor(Dr imoloa who prepares herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including Herpes, at first i doubted, if it was real but decided to give him a trial, when i contacted Dr imoloa through his Email: drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com he guided me and prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me via courier Delivery service,when i received the package (herbal medicine) He gave me instructions on how to consume it, i started using it as instructed and i stop getting outbreaks and the sores started vanishing, could you believe i was cured of this deadly virus within two to three weeks and notices changes in my body. Days of using this REMEDY,couldn't believe the healing at first until i see it as my HERPES get cleared like magic Dr imoloa also use his herbal medicine to cure diseases like, HIV/aids, lupus disease, dry cough, fever, malaria, bronchitis disease, cystic fibrosis, Lyme disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, alzheimer's disease, blood poisoning, measles, cervical cancer, kidney cancer, chronic kidney disease, diarrhoea, epilepsy, joint pain, mouth ulcer,bowel cancer, discoid eczema, eye cancer, food poisoning, fibroid, hairy cell leukaemia, mouth cancer, skin cancer disease, lung cancer, rheumatoid lung disease, liver disease, penile cancer, parkinson disease, arthritis, breast cancer, bone cancer hepatitis A.B.C, Diabetes, fatigue, muscle aches, anal cancer, asthma, Contact this great herbal Doctor today the father of herbalism. via Email: drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com or whatssapp him +2347081986098. and get cured permanently He is real..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colorectal cancer, cancer of the large intestine, is the fourth most common cancer in North America. Many cases of colorectal cancer are associated with low levels of physical activity and with diets that are low in fruits and vegetables. Individuals with a family history of the disease have a higher risk. I crumble with this disease for 5 years also with a lot of scaring thought in my head because i was just waiting for death every day of my life until My Son came to me in the hospital explaining to me that he has find a herbal healer from Nigeria to cure my Colo-Rectal Cancer,I was so shocked with the ideal also i was excited inside of me.My son asked me to let us give him a try because we have really heard a lot of scammer pretending to cure all sort of diseases with herbal medicine and some of them never get a positive result at the end of it all but we was very confident on this herbal doctor,like i said we give him a try and he sent me a herbal medicine to drink for three weeks, Sincerely I'm telling you today I' alive and healthy no more laying on sick bed,No more Colo-Rectal Cancer.I'm sharing this testimony on here for people who are sick to contact this Wonderful man,His name is Dr Itua.And His contact Whatsapp_+2348149277967____Email... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.He can cure those diseases like:Bladder cancerBreast cancerColorectal cancerKidney cancerLeukemiaLung cancerNon-Hodgkin lymphomaProstate cancerSkin cancerUterine cancerParkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, Spell,Stroke,Lottery Spell,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility,Tach Disease ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma, (measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Allergic diseases.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
    Dementia.,Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis
    Love Spell,Diabetes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to make search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady called peter Lizzy she was testifying  to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to make search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady called peter Lizzy she was testifying  to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete